Everyone loves their favorite pair of sunglasses. I associate some of my best outdoor memories with different pairs, and remember every time I lost some shades I love. But a lot of the time, people don't know much about the sunglasses they wear. Here's ten fun facts you may not know!
- Sunglasses Day is Monday, June 27th, 2016 – check out our large selection of newly released sunglasses and pick out a few for the celebration!
- Did you know that on average people lose their sunglasses about every 7 months? In the United States someone loses, breaks or sits on a pair of sunglasses every 14 minutes. Even our premium sunglasses won’t break your wallet, so pick up 2 pair and set yourself up for the next 14 months.
- In prehistoric times, the Inuit wore ivory disks or goggles over their eyes with slits to protect their eyes from the extreme sun glare. Thankfully, our selection of biker goggles is a bit more comfortable.
- Around the 12th century, judges in China used smoke-colored quartz lenses over their eyes to conceal their expressions. To mask the extreme glare of judgments in your life, check out our polarized sunglasses.
- In the early 1930's the Army Air Corps helped to create specialized sunglasses that would cut back on the glare that pilots experienced at high altitude. We have a line of aeronaut glasses made in the same vein.
- Sunglasses became popular with women in the 1930’s, but before that they were a rare occurrence. Check out our excellent selection of women’s sunglasses.
- Approximately 50% of Australians wear sunglasses, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. To get your Crocodile Dundee look, check out our selection of men’s sunglasses.
- Rumor has it that Singer Elton John has over 1,000 pairs of sunglasses! At our prices, you could start a good sized collection to rival that of Sir Elton.
- When shopping for sunglasses, most people don’t have a clear vision of what they want. Download our Frame Shape Guide to help figure out what you want.
- People often buy the wrong type of glasses for their face type. Download our free eBook to help you figure out your face type before you buy.
Pugs provides the best fit, quality, style and price for all of your sunglasses, and our lifetime warrantee can't be beat! Check out our affordable sunglasses today!